He is the best way to get your story submitted to PGWI. Taking the time to submit in the recommended way will expidite the review of your work and make the editors feel good about you, which couldn't hurt, right?
- Digital Submissions Only -- PGWI will only accept electronic text-file submissions.
- No, Scotty, we will not consider works delivered on 20th C. paper or as scanned/photographed documents.
- If you send a paper or scanned manuscript, it will be unmade in Sauron's volcano, unread.
- Digital File Format -- Click your export or 'Save As' feature in whatever word-processor you use to submit your file in one of these formats, listed in order of preference:
- ANY version of Microsoft Word (doc or docx file).
- Rich Text Format (rtf file).
- Text (txt file).
- OpenDocument (odt file).
- WordPerfect 5 or 6 only (Really? Consider upgrading to a steam-powered typewriter…)
- For any other format you may have: try to open it in Google Docs, or cut and paste it into a Google Doc; fix any errors; then export as a Word doc.
- At the end of the day, your story WILL BE CONVERTED TO A MS_Word_2003.doc format.
- Identify Your Work-- How sucky would it be if we loved your story but couldn't figure out who sent it to us?
- Physical File Name -- build it with these three 3 things:
- Author's LASTNAME +
- Copyright year +
- Story title shortened but makes sense.
- Separate words by underscores and dashes to make it readable. Use NO OTHER PUNCTUATION in the file name.
- Top of File (inside the document) -- Please put your full contact information inside the document at the VERY TOP, including phone, address and blurbs. See table below* or download this template.
- Note that if your story is published in our anthology, we reserve the right to modify or replace the synopsis.
- THEN follows the story text.
- Delivery Options -- You may deliver your digital file via one of these methods:
- Submit using the online form on the right → --OR--
- Email your story to: SUBMISSION@PlacerGoldWritersInk.com
- Attach your file to the email --or--
- Send a cloud download link (like Dropbox or OneDrive, etc.)
- Alternative: If you are writing your masterpiece at the dojo palace high in the Mystic Mountains and must use Owl Service, transporter or other physical mail method - please send your digital file embedded on a magic wand, otherwise known as a 'thumb drive' or 'memory stick' to:
Placer Gold Publishing
P.O. Box 580
Meadow Vista CA 95722
- Thumb drives will have their memories' wiped and be recycled by the Borg. Consider them lost to you.
*Include this information at the top of your story file document. Here is a Word.DOC template...
[The name as you wish it to be published under – use your pen name here, if any.]
REAL/LEGAL FULL NAME
[Your best contact email address]
[Your full physical mailing address]
[Your phone numbers - indicate which is best one to reach you in evenings]
ANY COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
WORD COUNT [optional]
[A very short (140 character) teaser for your story.]
SYNOPSIS / BLURB
[A short description of the story, 100 word or less.]
[Short author’s bio, as might appear on Amazon or Goodreads.]
[Add links to other works you may have published or blogged, your author’s webpage or FB page, etc.]